Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Edward Diener
    Participant

Is there a way in EmEditor to put my cursor on a bracket, brace, or parenthesis and press some key that will move my cursor to the corresponding bracket, brace, or parenthesis ? I did not find any mention of such functionality in the help or in any of the menus.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Edward,

Yes, certainly. With the default keyboard shortcut, you can use CTRL + ] to jump between ( and ), or [ and ], or etc. Its command name is “Find Matching Parenthesis/Bracket”, and you can find in the Quick Launch dialog box (Ctrl + Q) or Keyboard Map.

Thanks,

LifeTimer
    Participant

Is there also any way to automatically highlight the matching parenthesis to the one that the cursor is currently at (i.e. without actually jumping to it)?

This is a very common and useful feature in many popular code editors, and I would really love to be able to use it in EmEditor too!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Yes, please check “Highlight Matching Brackets” check box in the Highlight (2) tab of configuration properties.

Thanks!

LifeTimer
    Participant

Excellent, thanks!

Is there any way to customize this highlight effect too? Right now it seemingly consists of only making the brackets a tiny bit more bold than usual, which unfortunately is quite hard to see on my current screen?

PS.
    I missed your reply above for a while because lately the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” feature of your forums seems to have stopped working for me, any idea why? I have checked the spam folder and no notification emails are there either, and it also always worked for me before?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can go to configuration properties, the Display tab, select Matched parentheses/brackets, and then change the text color or background color.

I am not sure why you didn’t receive notifications. I would subscribe the RSS feeds for the entire forums.

Thank you,

LifeTimer
    Participant

Excellent, thanks, works like a charm!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.