- February 28, 2012 at 10:47 pm #10090Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
From now on, we are going to release beta versions (v11.1 or later) more frequently than before as “head-start” versions. If you would like to try new features sooner than regular released updates, please use these head-start versions.
Today, we are releasing EmEditor Professional v11.1.0 beta.
Updates from v11.0.5 include:
– Explorer context menu is now supported on 64-bit Windows with 32-bit EmEditor.
– (Snippets plug-in) The title of a snippet is now automatically cut off at 79 characters long when text is imported by drag-and-drop from the text area or another application.
– (Snippets plug-in) The Cut (Ctrl+X), Copy (Ctrl+C), and Paste (Ctrl+V) commands were added to the Snippets plug-in. These commands can be used to copy or move snippets items easily around the snippet tree. The Paste command can be also used to insert a simple text snippet to the snippet tree.
– (Snippets plug-in) The Snippets text is now displayed as a tooltip when the mouse hovers on an item of the Snippets tree (Context menu – View – Tooltip must be checked in order to enable this feature).
– (Projects plug-in) The Symbol list now works for files not in a project. The “Current File” and “All Open Files” items were added to the Symbol drop-down list.
– (Projects plug-in) Expand All and Collapse All commands were added to the Context menu.
– (Projects plug-in) Replaced Ctags.exe with the latest version (Ctags v5.8).
– Fixed the bug where the Select Column command might not have selected the last line when the document didn’t end with CR or LF.
– Fixed the bug where clicking on a scroll bar to activate an EmEditor window might have caused a disordered screen.
– Fixed the bug where a new file with a specified configuration didn’t work when the current file is in a root folder.
– Fixed the bug where a tooltip remained even when EmEditor became inactive.
– (Snippets plug-in) Fixed the bug where the Snippet tree could be sorted automatically when Properties dialog was displayed even though the Automatic arrange was not specified.
– (Word Complete plug-in) Fixed the bug where the candidate list didn’t reflect syntax colors.
=== To Download ===
This new beta version will not be checked automatically from the EmEditor update checker. However, once you install this beta version, new future beta versions will be checked automatically.
Please click one of the links below to download:
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_11.1.0_beta.exe (32-bit installer)
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed64_11.1.0_beta.exe (64-bit installer)
The portable version can be created by installing using the installer, and selecting “Import and Export” on the “Tools” menu, and “Set up a removable drive such as a USB drive with default settings”.
Only English, Japanese, and Korean user interfaces are up-to-date.
Explorer windows may be automatically closed during the upgrade install.
The registration key for v11 is the same as the key for v10. If you are a registered user of EmEditor Professional v10 or v11, you can have your registration key resend at: https://www.emurasoft.com/support/send_keys.php
Thank you for using EmEditor Professional!February 29, 2012 at 7:25 am #10091MeirParticipant
I would be glad to try it out, but only if one of two things are provided:
1) The beta version can be installed IN PARALLEL to the previous, production one.
2) Alternatively, There would be an automated, embedded way to restore the last production version.
In other words, I will, but only if I can switch back and fourth between the two versions with a single push of a button so to speak…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.