- August 30, 2012 at 1:24 am #10504
We are releasing beta versions (v11.1 or later) more frequently than before as “head-start” versions. If you would like to try new features sooner than regular released updates, please use these head-start versions. However, if you would like stable versions, please use the release version at the Download page.
Today, we are releasing EmEditor Professional v11.1.10 beta.
Updates from v11.1.9 beta include:
– Added the new feature that automatically highlights inside a tag and the matching tag at the cursor in XHTML and XML documents. This feature works only if a document is well-formed XML document without missing ending tags. The feature may not work if ending tags are missing in old HTML documents.
– The Highlight Matching Tag check box was added to the Highlight (2) tab of configuration properties.
– The Find Matching Tag and Matching Tag Extend commands were added. By default, CTRL + . and CTRL + SHIFT + . are assigned as default shortcut keys.
– HTML Toolbar now remembers its visibility even when the “Automatically display the HTML Bar for Selected Configurations” check box is not set.
– Toast is now used to display incoming messages on Windows 8 when EmEditor receives messages from another PC. This allows viewing incoming messages even when a Metro app is a foreground window. (Not supported in the portable version.)
– The Alphabets and numbers only check box was added to the Auto Marker tab of the Customize Marker dialog box.
– When launching EmEditor, EmEditor will not scan My Macro files for #icon and #title anymore. This allows much faster launching of EmEditor. If these #icon and #title lines are modified before EmEditor launches, you will have to select “Refresh” on the right-click menu of My Macros toolbar.
– Fixed several issues with the Find dialog and the Find Bar. For instance, while the Find Bar is visible, after closing the Find dialog box, the contents of the Find dialog box now reflect the Find Bar.
=== To Download ===
If you are already using v11.1.x beta, you can Check for Updates on the Help menu to download the update. If you are still using the released version, this new beta version will not be checked automatically from the EmEditor update checker. However, once you install this beta version, new future beta versions will be checked automatically.
Please click one of the links below to download:
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_11.1.10_beta.exe (32-bit installer)
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed64_11.1.10_beta.exe (64-bit installer)
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_11.1.10_beta_portable.zip (32-bit portable)
The portable version runs more slowly than the one using the Registry, and some features including the update checker are disable for the portable version. We recommend the installers, and not the portable version.
The portable version can be created by installing using the installer, and selecting “Import and Export” on the “Tools” menu, and “Set up a removable drive such as a USB drive with default settings”.
Only English, Japanese, and Korean user interfaces are up-to-date.
Explorer windows may be automatically closed during the upgrade install.
The registration key for v11 is the same as the key for v10. If you are a registered user of EmEditor Professional v10 or v11, you can have your registration key resend at: https://www.emurasoft.com/support/send_keys.php
The release version of this beta will be v12, and the registration key will be different from v11. Unless you have registered your licenses at Emurasoft Customer Center before November 1, 2011 or have subscribed Premium Support, you will need to purchase an upgrade when v12 is released. The v12 release date is not decided, but the release target is around September 2012.
Thank you for using EmEditor Professional!August 30, 2012 at 9:34 am #10505
It seems, the Configuration->Display was not properly adapted to the new color entries. When I try to change the “Matching Tag”, EmEditor instead changes my “Search string (2)” color (I have set two search colors), and “Matching Tag” remains default #dcdcdc. The same happens when I try to change the “Auto Marker” color.August 30, 2012 at 4:48 pm #10506
I am sorry for this bug. I will fix that in the next minor beta version. Thank you!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.