- March 12, 2012 at 11:19 pm #10166Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
We are releasing beta versions (v11.1 or later) more frequently than before as “head-start” versions. If you would like to try new features sooner than regular released updates, please use these head-start versions. However, if you would like stable versions, please use the release version at the Download page.
Today, we are releasing EmEditor Professional v11.1.4 beta.
Updates from v11.1.3 beta include:
– Confirmed support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
– Support for Touch Input and Flicks including scroll, cut, copy, paste, delete, undo, redo, back, forward, print, save, and others when Touch Input is available.
– Support for more application command buttons on certain mouse and keyboards, such as new, close, cut, copy, find, paste, delete, undo, redo, back, forward, print, save, search, help, spelling, and others.
– Support for the “Right-handed – Menus appear to the left of your hand”, “Tablet PC Settings” in the Control Panel when the Touch Input is enabled.
– The “Monitor the Clipboard copied on External Applications” check box was added to the History tab of the Customize dialog box. By default, EmEditor will not monitor the Clipboard and avoid conflict with certain applications such as Microsoft Excel.
– When the “Preserve CR/LF Returns on the Clipboard” is checked, vertical selection paste from a CSV document will now preserve returns under a certain condition.
– The vertical selection paste behavior was changed when lines are wrapped.
=== To Download ===
If you are already using v11.1.x beta, you can Check for Updates on the Help menu to download the update. If you are still using the released version, this new beta version will not be checked automatically from the EmEditor update checker. However, once you install this beta version, new future beta versions will be checked automatically.
Please click one of the links below to download:
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_11.1.4_beta.exe (32-bit installer)
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed64_11.1.4_beta.exe (64-bit installer)
http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed32_11.1.4_beta_portable.zip (32-bit portable)
The portable version runs more slowly than the one using the Registry, and some features including the update checker are disable for the portable version. We recommend the installers, and not the portable version.
The portable version can be created by installing using the installer, and selecting “Import and Export” on the “Tools” menu, and “Set up a removable drive such as a USB drive with default settings”.
Only English, Japanese, and Korean user interfaces are up-to-date.
Explorer windows may be automatically closed during the upgrade install.
The registration key for v11 is the same as the key for v10. If you are a registered user of EmEditor Professional v10 or v11, you can have your registration key resend at: https://www.emurasoft.com/support/send_keys.php
The release version of this beta will be v12, and the registration key will be different from v11. Unless you have registered your licenses at Emurasoft Customer Center before November 1, 2011 or have subscribed Premium Support, you will need to purchase an upgrade when v12 is released. The v12 release date is not decided, but the release target is around September 2012.
Thank you for using EmEditor Professional!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.