Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    danderson

When a background color is used to highlight the cursor’s current line, there are a couple of quirks:

1) when a word is selected in the current line the current line background color reverts to the default

2) any keywords on the current line with default as the background color do not show the current line background color. see image:

SteveH

This isn’t specific to the beta – it’s been around for a couple of releases I think. It would certainly be nice to have it fixed for 7.00 though.

I frequently see this in things like comments where the highlight only runs from the last character out to the right of the window. It looks like strings and markers such as returns, tabs, URL are in the foreground while the current line highlight is in the background.

birdfish

Version: EmEditor Professional 7.00b2
    Operating System: Windows XP SP2

Just checked this out. I do not believe this to be a bug, but in fact an error between the chair and the keyboard (i.e. a user error).

If you check your display settings from within EmEditor, you should see that there are separate settings for the various Highlight and Comment stages. Highlight (4) should fix the problem related to the “public” and “static” keywords. And the Comment setting should fix the problem related to, well, comments :)

Happy editing!

danderson

I respectfully disagree. When the background for a keyword type is not specified (e.g. set to default) the current line highlight color should not be replaced with with the default color for a non highlighted line.

For example, there is no way to do this in EmEditor:

It looks like this:

Note that the cursor is on line 5 in both cases. I don’t have white set explicitly for the background color of strings for example. If I am missing something, please explain.

birdfish

Respectfully =)

Ah, I see exactly what you are saying now. I thought you were just generally speaking of finding yourself unable to highlight certain words (in which case I was on a mission to help).

I have however downloaded and gone back through the options again just to make sure that there wasn’t any setting either of us missed earlier.

However, this may (perhaps) be a certain technical limitation. My guess is that for Yutaka to implement the line highlighting that we’ve so come accustomed he would need to build the line highlight feature into a completely separate module. I don’t know how many extra cpu cycled or how much extra memory it would take to draw/hold this information.

Perhaps this feature could be wrapped into a generalized default option such that the default is applied to all objects unless explicitly overridden by another option set. I believe this would require the highlighting module to be hierarchical though (dunno if it is).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I understand the issue, but it might take a while before I can fix this issue including data structure changes, which might also cause incompatibilities with the existing plug-ins. Please let me think about it if I can fix this before version 7 release. Thanks!

viettuan

Version 8 beta release but,I don’t see a new change. This problem is not fix. :-o :-o :-o
    We will have to wait how long?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

viettuan wrote:
    Version 8 beta release but,I don’t see a new change. This problem is not fix. :-o :-o :-o
    We will have to wait how long?

In Version 7 or later, you can use “Transparent” color for the background color.

Go to the Display tab of congirutation properties, and select “Transparent” for the background color of highlight items. An easiest way is to select “EmEditor Standard” and customize from here.

viettuan

Yeah , Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.