Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    visitor

I found another bug. Please do the folowing:

1) Select vertical block of text as shown below.

2) Press Shift + Left Arrow.

visitor

Version 8.00 beta 12.

visitor

What about this bug? 8.00 RC4 still has it.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

visitor wrote:
    What about this bug? 8.00 RC4 still has it.

I am not sure exactly what the issue is. Can you write more in details?

visitor

Yutaka wrote:

To reproduce this bug you should select vertical block of text from center of the window to it’s left side (1st column).
    After that you should press Shift+Left. The selection goes to the right side of the window (is it bug or a feature?).

For example, assume you have some document:

————-
    ————-

Select vertical block of text from 4 to 1. Thus “1234” is selected. Press Shift+Left.
    You will see that “5678” (and “0000” in the first row) is selected now. Strange, isn’t it?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

visitor wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

To reproduce this bug you should select vertical block of text from center of the window to it’s left side (1st column).
    After that you should press Shift+Left. The selection goes to the right side of the window (is it bug or a feature?).

For example, assume you have some document:

————-
    ————-

Select vertical block of text from 4 to 1. Thus “1234” is selected. Press Shift+Left.
    You will see that “5678” (and “0000” in the first row) is selected now. Strange, isn’t it?

It is an expected behavior. I don’t think it is strange in my opinion.

webern

I’m near sure that, this is not EE issue, but I can see some artifacts on my screen while moving the edge of the Vertical Selection Block.

The artifacts dissapear when switching focus to another window.
    Can anyone else see this on their screens?

updated: 4/23/2009
    Now I have more info on this issue.
    This started to happen since EE 8.x (on any OS).
    After some investigation i found that this is caused by MS IntelliPoint software (any version).
    The artifacts start to appear when starting to collapse the expanded vertical selection with the left arrow key.
    I can see that IntelliPoint constantly updates the screen area and this is visually recognizable at least on my WinXP but not on my Vista(x64).
    Perhaps, the artifacts may appear because EE does not catch the moment when IntelliPoint starts to update the screen area.
    I hope it will help you to find a solution for this issue in the future.
    If you need more details, just let me know.
    Live demonstration:

-- Thanks in advance --
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

webern wrote:
    updated: 4/23/2009
    Now I have more info on this issue.
    This started to happen since EE 8.x (on any OS).
    After some investigation i found that this is caused by MS IntelliPoint software (any version).
    The artifacts start to appear when starting to collapse the expanded vertical selection with the left arrow key.
    I can see that IntelliPoint constantly updates the screen area and this is visually recognizable at least on my WinXP but not on my Vista(x64).
    Perhaps, the artifacts may appear because EE does not catch the moment when IntelliPoint starts to update the screen area.
    I hope it will help you to find a solution for this issue in the future.
    If you need more details, just let me know.
    — Thanks in advance –[/font][/size]

I cannot reproduce this issue, but I will try to fix it in v9. Can you find any specific settings you set in the IntelliPoint software that can reproduce this issue?

webern

Fist of all I have to say sorry, because it seems I was wrong pointing out the IntelliPoint explicitly.
    Removing IntelliPoint form the memory has no effect. But the MS mouse driver still there, of course.
    And I was absolutely confused in this situation because IntelliPoint is really affecting such software as ArchiCAD or even Solitaire game at list on my WinXP machine. My english isn’t so good to describe how IntelliPoint affecting mentioned software.

But at least two of my friends from the russian speaking forums notified me that they have reproduced the same effects in EE 8/9.
    We have found that there are two conditions leading to this effect:
    1. The Vertical Selection Block must be controlled only by keyboard during testing!
    2. It seems this effect may be caused by proportional fonts while monospaced ones (Courier, Consolas) do not affect this.
    — Thanks in advance —

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

webern wrote:
    Fist of all I have to say sorry, because it seems I was wrong pointing out the IntelliPoint explicitly.
    Removing IntelliPoint form the memory has no effect. But the MS mouse driver still there, of course.
    And I was absolutely confused in this situation because IntelliPoint is really affecting such software as ArchiCAD or even Solitaire game at list on my WinXP machine. My english isn’t so good to describe how IntelliPoint affecting mentioned software.

But at least two of my friends from the russian speaking forums notified me that they have reproduced the same effects in EE 8/9.
    We have found that there are two conditions leading to this effect:
    1. The Vertical Selection Block must be controlled only by keyboard during testing!
    2. It seems this effect may be caused by proportional fonts while monospaced ones (Courier, Consolas) do not affect this.
    — Thanks in advance —

No problem. I fixed this issue in v9 alpha 14. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.