Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stefan
    Participant

I played around and want to share a tip with you:
    > use Layouts to switch between different visible surface / user interface views.

First:
    Customize the Layouts: “Tools > All Commands: Tools > Customize > Layouts”
    – [Add]
    – Add a name like “minimal”
    – [Save Current Layout] to get all checkboxes set as like as the “normal” (or current?) layout
    – Configure the layout as wanted, for example disable all toolbars
    – [OK]

Maybe do that a second time and save the current layout as “normal”-Layout (otherwise we would have to use F11 two times to go back to “normal” ?):
    – [Add]
    – Add a name like “Normal”
    – [Save Current Layout] to get all checkboxes set as like as the “normal” (or current?) layout
    – [OK]

Test:
    Toggle between the layouts “Tools > All Commands: View > Layouts > (Layout)”

Usage:
    Use EmEditor for example as notepad replacement with Total Commander:
    – Total Commander Menu “Configuration > Options…”
    > Edit/View > Editor for F4:
    >> TOOLs\EmEditor\EmEditor.exe /sp /layout “minimal” “%1”
    (((Note: TOOLs and EmEditor are sub folders of my TC folder, I use portable EmEditor)))

That way I have EmEditor running with all wanted toolbars visible and also the snipped plugin open,
    and I can run a visible minimal set up EmEditor as a quick text editor/viewer from TC.

The switch /sp will open EmEditor as a second process and doesn’t touch my open full featured EmEditor.
    I just saw that is new feature and needs EmEditor v21.0 beta 6 from August 2, 2021 or newer.

have fun
    /Stefan

Stefan
    Participant

Switching between layouts doesn’t remember open Plug-ins on the left (at least for me, I am on 21.5.2).
    After switching back to a layout with before open Snippets-plugin the pane is closed and I have to re-open it.

Maybe you can add a checkbox “[_]Remember open Plugin” to “Customize > Layouts – Options” ?

Just an hint ;-)
    /Stefan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.