Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jackrabbit

Hi all,

I created a new configuration. In the new configuration, the parenthesis matching does not work. If I move my mouse to the close parenthesis, it does not highlight the starting parenthesis.

How to set it up?

Thanks.

CaptainFlint
    Participant

You should move not the mouse, but the text cursor to the parenthesis to highlight it.

jackrabbit

Sorry, I mean move mouse cursor. It still does not work. i guess it should be set somewhere.

CaptainFlint
    Participant

Highlighting by hovering the parenthesis with mouse is not implemented, as far as I know.

jackrabbit

Sorry, I did not mean highlight when mouse hover the parenthesis. I am moving the cursor by keyboard. But it still does not highlight the matching parenthesis. Note this is in a new configuration. In the pre-defined configurations, it works.

CaptainFlint
    Participant

In this case, I suppose, you just forgot to set specific coloring/font for parenthesis highlighting. See the Configuration -> Display tab.

jackrabbit

Thanks for your suggestion. I compared my setting with an existing configuration setting. They are the same. The item I checked is “Matched parentheses/brackets”. My setting for Text color and Background color is default, the style is Bold. Searching Color is 1. This is the same as the C++ configuration setting. However, the parentheses matching works in C++ configuration, but not my newly created configuration. :-?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Also check “Highlight Matching Parentheses/Brackets” in the Hightlight(2) tab of configuration properties.

jackrabbit

You solved the problem. Thank you guys.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.