Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rayd
    Participant

I’m in my trial period with EmEditor Pro and will certainly be buying it for its text editing capabilities.

However, I’m at a bit of a loss as to how to use it to create or edit HTML. There is an HTML mode, but it only seems to highlight tags.

Is there a toolbar anywhere which produces HTML tags?

If not, is there a way of putting HTML tags in the left window pane so that clicking on them inserts a tag in the main pane?

I have found Tagger, which inserts HTML tags, but I have to select them individually from the Plugins menu. Not very userfriendly if I want to create a web page.

Inside the EmEditor folder is an exe file called Emedhtml. Clickong on this puts a basic HTML file in the editor window, but no way of clicking on tags to enter in the text.

What is the Emedhtml.exe file for, and how should it be called?

Any response eagerly awaited.

Ray D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Emedhtml.exe is an executable which simply opens the command line file with EmEditor with HTML configuration, and it is used to open HTML source via Internet Explorer “View Source” command.

Did you know you can access plug-ins via Toolbar. They can be also accessed via keyboard shortcuts after you assign them to keyboard (from Keyboard Map).

You might want to search for macros or plug-ins that suit your needs. Since each user has different needs for the editor, those features are not included in the core features of EmEditor.

I am also adding new cusomizability in future versions, including ability to assign a toolbar button to a macro, which will allow you to further customize EmEditor for your needs. If you could not find what you need, please write exactly what you need, or email me, and I might create a plug-in or a macro to satisfy your needs. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.