- September 29, 2011 at 8:07 am #9695hihihloParticipant
I found the delete or paste in vertical mode is very very slow in large file
even I click “accelerate by discarding undo information” !
(in Emeditor Pro 32bit 11.0.1)
How to reproduce the issue :
(1) new a text file, run menueditadvancednumbering
(2) fill “first line” = 10000, “number of lines” = 80000
(3) goto first line (press ctrl+home), then run menusticky vertical mode
(4) select just one column in all lines (press shift+ctrl+end, then press shift+right)
(5) press delete ==> long time waiting !!
if I use regular replace “^.” with “”, it complete immediately !September 29, 2011 at 4:33 pm #9696Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
I tried to reproduce this issue, but in my case, the same procedure finishes only in one second. Some users might think this is still too long, but it really depends on many factors. I will continue to optimize all the features in future versions. Thanks!September 30, 2011 at 2:19 am #9697hihihloParticipant
If I active outline plugin, it need over serval minutes !
If I turn off this plugin, it take just 48 seconds on my machine.
test same text file on my poor machin :
RJ TextEd v6.82 complete instant
PsPad v4.5.5 take 6 sec
Cound you test more lines (ex: 900000) to highlight the issue ?
I look forward to future optimization version,
thank you.September 30, 2011 at 7:38 am #9698IvanParticipant
I can confirm this issue (see the screencast video).September 30, 2011 at 9:48 pm #9702Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
I will work on optimizations in future versions. Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.