Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    petermcg

One improvement I’d like to suggest is that more descriptive glyphs be used for displaying control characters in ASCII text files. By default only a NUL character (code 0) is displayed using a @ glyph in EMEditor Professional. Here is a screen shot of another text editor showing exactly what I’d like EmEditor to look like:

I know I can customize the EOF character at present using Marks but I would like all characters outside the normal range to be displayed using their ASCII symbol name as shown in the above screen shot.

EmEditor is a fantastic editor, keep up the great work.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

petermcg wrote:
    One improvement I’d like to suggest is that more descriptive glyphs be used for displaying control characters in ASCII text files. By default only a NUL character (code 0) is displayed using a @ glyph in EMEditor Professional. Here is a screen shot of another text editor showing exactly what I’d like EmEditor to look like:

I know I can customize the EOF character at present using Marks but I would like all characters outside the normal range to be displayed using their ASCII symbol name as shown in the above screen shot.

EmEditor is a fantastic editor, keep up the great work.

Thanks for your comment!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.