Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wizzlepig
    Participant

Hello, I pasted a Japanese language e-mail into emeditor and when I printed it out, it was all run together.

I see in the properties for current configuration, I can change the font, etc, but without pushing the character spacing up to about 10, it all ends up printed on top of itself… is there a way to keep that from happening?

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wizzlepig wrote:
    Hello, I pasted a Japanese language e-mail into emeditor and when I printed it out, it was all run together.

I see in the properties for current configuration, I can change the font, etc, but without pushing the character spacing up to about 10, it all ends up printed on top of itself… is there a way to keep that from happening?

Thank you.

Which version of OS and EmEditor are you using? Can you show me a screenshot? Thanks!

wizzlepig
    Participant

Oh, sure. this is the same document:

left side is the copy-pasted from gmail and it is legible.
    the right is the print preview, and that is actually just what it looks like when I print it.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/wizzlepig/kanji1.jpg

emeditor, version 8.05, running on winxp pro, SP2, with asian language pack and IME installed/enabled.

I usually add a bunch of line breaks and then print it out so I can add notes because I don’t read so many Kanji, and I have to look things up.

Thanks again,

-Will

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wizzlepig wrote:
    Oh, sure. this is the same document:

left side is the copy-pasted from gmail and it is legible.
    the right is the print preview, and that is actually just what it looks like when I print it.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/wizzlepig/kanji1.jpg

emeditor, version 8.05, running on winxp pro, SP2, with asian language pack and IME installed/enabled.

I usually add a bunch of line breaks and then print it out so I can add notes because I don’t read so many Kanji, and I have to look things up.

Thanks again,

-Will

Which font do you use?
    Can you try a proportional font, such as MS P Gothic or Meiryo?
    Thanks!

wizzlepig
    Participant

Aah, proportional fonts. I did not know about this option. Now it works! Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.