Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ziguolo

A really nasty behaviour in emeditor that still bugs me a lot is the following:
    Whenever I try to open a file and I type an incorrect file name, instead of giving me an error that the file does not exist, emeditor suggest to create it and if I click no, the open dialog closes. This is especially nasty when the file that I’m trying to open is located in another hierarchy that I need to go through every single time that this happens.

Is there a way to change this behaviour and control it through a setting? A simple change would be not to close the browse dialog when the user clicks no (in case he does not want to create the file) so that he can type the right name.

This would save me literally hundreds of keystrokes while retrying to open the file through the hierarchy.

jmkhael

If i may add, i think it must be the expected behaviour:

the user wanted to open a file, either it does not exist or it does, if it doesn’t, either the user want to create it or not. if the user clicked no, this means he really wanted to open a file, and very probably did a typo that made it to this state.

for the record, i think emeditor is great!

ziguolo

Any word about this subject????

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

ziguolo wrote:
    Any word about this subject????

Since this is a suggestion forum, I do not always reply to messages. I certainly consider this in future versions. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.