Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

The newest version (v10.0.5) was released yesterday. This version features Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese user interfaces. If you know any of these languages, please let me know your honest feedback on these new translations, or email me at [email protected]. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you!

rsjem
    Participant

The Traditional Chinese translation is poor.
    It seems the translator just converts the glyphs directly from Simplified Chinese, but dosen’t correct the phrases.
    Because TC and SC users usually also use different phrases, it’s better to find a TC user to translate, like Taiwanese or Hongkongese.

vbunny

Agree with rsjem.

Most Trad. Chinese users can’t understand it.

Even persons like me who can read and write technical documents in TC and SC without any difficulty will switch the language to English immediately after installing. :-o

The TC translation of previous versions are much better.

Don’t convert SC directly to TC. Instead, it’s better to compare the translation of the previous version and add new terms.

Trad. Chinese is subtle, computer glossary of Taiwan and Hong Kong are different to some extent. :-P

fego

Simplified Chinese translation, hope the official update.

vbunny

I want to improve the current Traditional Chinese localization because some text is only used by Simplified Chinese users.

By the way, do you also need the help file to translate into Chinese?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello vbunny,

Thanks for your offer. I will let you know when I need translation help for Traditional Chinese. The Help file does not need to be translated.

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.