Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Passiday
    Participant

Hello,

I just was playing with the new feature that allows to launch macros when some event has occured. I see how it works, but I feel I am missing something… As with events in typical programming environments, upon launching event handler, the code should have access to some Event object that keeps information about the type of event that has happened, and some extra info. For example, if I bind macro to a “Character inserted” event, I’d expect that the Macro is informed that it was triggered because that one or more characters were inserted, and also exactly what characters were insterted.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Passiday wrote:
    Hello,

I just was playing with the new feature that allows to launch macros when some event has occured. I see how it works, but I feel I am missing something… As with events in typical programming environments, upon launching event handler, the code should have access to some Event object that keeps information about the type of event that has happened, and some extra info. For example, if I bind macro to a “Character inserted” event, I’d expect that the Macro is informed that it was triggered because that one or more characters were inserted, and also exactly what characters were insterted.

I am aware of need to implement more sophisticated event handlers like you wrote. Thanks!

owilsky
    Participant

Also there is an event “File Opened” but no event “File Saved”.
    Could you add this event please?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    Also there is an event “File Opened” but no event “File Saved”.
    Could you add this event please?

EVENT_SAVING event has been added to 7.5 alpha . This event will be sent immediately before saving the document. It is defined as:

#define EVENT_SAVING 0x04000000

owilsky
    Participant

Cool, thanks!
    Will I be able to distinguish whether “save” or “save as” has been called?

I would need this …

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    Cool, thanks!
    Will I be able to distinguish whether “save” or “save as” has been called?

I would need this …

No, I am afraid not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.