Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rayd
    Participant

If I click on the line number at the left of a line, it selects the whole line – great.

But, if the line of text is wordwrapped, clicking on the line number only selects the line up to the window edge and not to the real end of the line. I’ve been caught out several times by this and only copied part of a line by mistake.

Could it be made to select the whole line please?

Cheers,

Ray D

webern

Try this macro:

document.selection.Mode = eModeStream;
    document.selection.SelectLine();
    Quit();

Also you may assign the shortcut key to this macro.

rayd
    Participant

Thanks webern. I think I made the macro correctly – at least it contains you text in a .jsee file

But, it gives the error ”eModeStream’ is undefined’ when I run it.

Any ideas?

Although the Help file says macros can be created as files in EmEditor Pro, it doesn’t tell you how to do it. I did it by Running Macro, copying your text into a text file, and then Run Macro again.

‘Edit macro’ gave something completely different, so I copied your text into the macro file and saved it – getting the above error when I try and run it.

Cheers,

Ray D

webern

…hm it’s my fault, i’m sorry.
    it should be the document.selection.Mode = eeModeStream (not eModeStream)

Code:

document.selection.Mode = eeModeStream;
    document.selection.SelectLine();
    Quit();

So if you ‘re using EE Pro you need to create plain text file with .jsee extension (e.g SelectLine.jsee) then put the above code in it.
    Then register the macro in EE: Macros menu->Customize->New

rayd
    Participant

Thanks webern.

I’ve done that and it now works.

How do I assign a key to a particular macro? I called my macro LineSelect and EmEditor has assigned F4 to it. However, looking at keyboard shortcuts, it has assigned f4 to ‘Run Macro’ – which seems to be the selected macro.

If I have two or more macros, how do I assign keyboard shortcuts to them individually so that each will be run on its own shortcut and not have to go through the process of selecting them so that F4 will run them?

Cheers,

Ray D

webern

Tools Menu ->
    … Properties for Current Configuration (or All Configurations) ->
    …..Keyboard Tab ->
    ……Category ‘My Macros’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.