Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LTT
    Participant

5 lines of text.
    Select from line 2 to 4 by dragging in line number area. (Now the active point is at the start of line 5.)
    Use “Join Lines” or “Remove Newline Characters” command.
    ** I think line 5 should not be joined.

—————
    Suggestion 1:
    In UltraEdit, when selecting lines by dragging in line number area, and once I drag the mouse into the text area, the selection mode will change, the active point will follow the mouse and move within the line, so I can stop anywhere horizontally.

—————
    Suggestion 2:
    Select some lines.
    Use either of the “Join/Split Lines” or “Remove/Insert Newline Characters” commands.
    Undo.
    Is it possible to restore the selection?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Except for Suggestion 1, these issues were already addressed in v18.7.0 beta.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

5 lines of text.
    Select from line 2 to 4 by dragging in line number area. (Now the active point is at the start of line 5.)
    Use “Join Lines” or “Remove Newline Characters” command.
    ** I think line 5 should not be joined.

v18.7 ignores the last newline in the selection if it is the last character in the selection, but I need to revert to the original specs because some customer complains the behavior difference. If you really want the new behavior, I will have to make it optional.

LTT
    Participant

If Suggestion 1 will not be considered as a solution, an option for this would be welcome.
    Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.