Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LifeTimer
    Participant

After performing a normal update (from inside EmEditor) yesterday, to the most recent stable version (from just a couple of minor versions earlier), the taskbar icon all of a sudden changed to a version that looks like some kind of special low-resolution / low-color version of the normal icon, which does not look very good at all?

The program icon that shows when alt-tabbing to EmEditor in Windows is still the same old icon as always though.

Why could this have happened, and how do I get back the old icon for EmEditor in the taskbar?

PS.
    I have a small screenshot of the icon, but cannot find any way to attach it here?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello LifeTimer,

Did you change the Windows Display settings, “Change the size of text, apps, and other items” (DPI)? If this is not 100%, you might want to revert to 100% and see if you can resolve the issue.

Thanks!

LifeTimer
    Participant

No, I did not change anything, it just happened the second I performed the update of EmEditor. :-(

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please confirm, are you using 100% in the Windows Display Settings? You can also send me a screenshot at tech at emurasoft.com.

Thanks!

LifeTimer
    Participant

Yes, 100% is used (and most importantly, this setting has absolutely not been touched either before, during or after the update), and I have now sent a screenshot excerpt (which also includes the 100% settings screen) to your email as per your request above.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

From the screenshot you sent me, the EmEditor icon used is 16 colors. Do you use any reduced color mode in your Windows Personalization?

Thanks,

LifeTimer
    Participant

No, I use 32-bit color (and as you could also see on the other icons in that screenshot, they were absolutely not 16 colors-only).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Is it only the Taskbar Icon that has the 16-color effect? Are other EmEditor shortcut icons (desktop and start menu) OK? Since the Taskbar icon was not updated by the EmEditor installer, you might want to unpin the icon from Taskbar, and then pin again when EmEditor is running. Can you try?

Thank you,

LifeTimer
    Participant

Yes, it’s only the taskbar icon that has this effect. The Start menu and desktop icons are the normal high-color ones, as ever.

I just tried unpinning/repinning from the taskbar too as per your request, but it made no difference.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

After unpin the EmEditor icon from the Taskbar, can you right-click on the EmEditor icon on the Start menu, and add it to the Taskbar? If you are using Windows 10, you can right-click the EmEditor icon on the Start menu, click “More”, and then “Pin to taskbar”.

Thank you,

LifeTimer
    Participant

Yes, I already tried that too (that’s what I meant with “repinning” here above). The icon is the same both before pinning it again and after pinning it again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.