Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alex_w

Hi,

from what I’ve read (no time to really try it out yet), EmEditor uses the registry to store settings (maybe licensing information, too).
    I’m thinking about purchasing (Pro version, if anything), but not being able to use the editor from a USB stick (I don’t need an editor all that often, bút from different machines) would be a show stopper, at least in the long run.
    Running from a USB stick would require not using the registry, HKLM in particular (limited user scenario). Any chance we will see that soon?
    I’m trying to make my mind up between getting EditPad Pro (which *will* run from USB stick) or EmEditor Pro. Unfortunately, UltraEdit (which would have been my first choice) won’t do. I read the (unfortunately placed) thread “store settings in .ini/.xml instead of registry” <http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=11&forum=3 > which suggests you’re looking into a non-registry version.

Alex

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

While I cannot make any commitments and cannot give you any timeline, I consider the USB option seriously. However, it will not happen in a few months.

cscsm

I’ve been using EmEditor for years and have recently upgraded to Pro. Due to a recent job change, I’d really like to see EmEditor Pro be USB or U3 friendly. In this last post, you mentioned it was a good idea. But that it would not happen for a few months. Any update?

Thanks,

Scott

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I know it is a good idea, but it won’t happen in a few months. I will keep remembering this issue. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.