Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spiros
    Participant

How is it possible to Insert content in a cell and shift other cells of the column down?
    For example, in Excel one can right click on a cell, select Insert, and then a modal appears with the selection Shift cells right, down… etc

shift cells

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

There are commands called “Insert Line Before”, “Insert Line After”, “Insert Column Left”, and “Insert Column Right” commands.

spiros
    Participant

Thanks, but if I am not wrong, these simply insert lines after or before text in standard mode (not tsv). What I describe is manipulating cell positions and adjusting the surrounding cells according to the options above, I.e. Shift cells right and Shift cells down. For example if in the following table I shift down “b”

1 – 2 – a
    3 – 4 – b
    5 – 6 – c
    7 – 8 – d

The result will be:

1 – 2 – a
    3 – 4 –
    5 – 6 – b
    7 – 8 – c
    —- —- d

You can see what I mean by checking the relevant commands on Excel (right click on cell, select Insert).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You can drag and drop selected cells if you drag the border of the selection.
    If you would like to use a macro, please see:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/72427501/optimised-function-to-copy-columns-of-selected-data-by-a-variable-amount-up-dow

spiros
    Participant

You can drag and drop selected cells if you drag the border of the selection.

Wow, cool, I did not know you could do that. However, when dropping cell to another cell, it overwrites it (no option to move down, etc).

But I guess your macro should do what I described.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.