Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jamil
    Participant

Many times I accidentally hold down control key then use my mouse wheel in an attempt to scroll my opened file. What ends up happening is the font sizes all change in EmEditor. The issue here is that I can find no easy way to restore the font sizes back to what they were originally. There is no undo for this mistake. I have done this so many times and find it 100% annoying.

Do you have an option to restore font sizes back to the way they were? An alternative is to disable this mouse scrollbar zoom feature. I find it totally useless and would never in a million years ever use this. For some applications it may make sense (like a web browser). Many text editors all share this. Notepad++ does it too, but it at least has an option to View|Zoom|Restore Default Zoom.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Jamil,

There is a command to reset font size — Rest Font Size command by clicking the Down arrow by the Fonts button on the main toolbar, or press CTRL + 0 by default.

You can disable the CTRL + Wheel feature by clearing the “CTRL + Wheel to Change Font Size” check box in the Mouse page of the Customize dialog box.

Jamil
    Participant

Thanks, Yutaka.

I just disabled font resizing that will prevent this issue for me in the fuutre.

LTT
    Participant

Not only does EmEditor have such fine options/commands, it also allows you to search options/commands several ways:
    * Search options/commands in Keyboard Map or Quick Launch.
    * Ctrl+F in Customize, and Configuration Properties.
    * Search in the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.