Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prashob12

hello

1) can anyone tell me a macro that will replace ‘string1’ with ‘replacement1’ and ‘string2’ with ‘replacement2’ ?

and have a button with it.
    Also is it possible to have multiple replacment in all the files as there is no batch replacment present in the editor.

2) It would be nice if the future version has replacement option i.e., to replace in all the opened Documents. I am confused why this option was missing from this editor.

Thanks in advance.

prashob12

IS ANY ONE THERE TO SOLVE MY QUERY.

I NEED TO KNOW WHETHER MULTIPLE REPLACMENT IS POSSIBLE OR NOT

SOLVE MY QUERY PLEASE.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

prashob12 wrote:
    IS ANY ONE THERE TO SOLVE MY QUERY.

I NEED TO KNOW WHETHER MULTIPLE REPLACMENT IS POSSIBLE OR NOT

SOLVE MY QUERY PLEASE.

I posted two samples

Replace All – mulitple times
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=675&forum=19

Replace in Files – multiple times
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=676&forum=19

Once these macros are included in your My Macros list, you can assign these macros to any shortcut keys or toolbars.

The All Documents checkbox in Replace dialog box — I will consider that feature in future versions. For now, you can use a macro to do that job. Thanks!

prashob12

I tried to use the macro script for replacement in all the files.

below is the sample, here i am getting some error report for closing of “)” at sandeep, “D:PRASHOB, can you please tell me exactly where i am making the mistake.

editor.ReplaceInFiles( “prashob”, “sandeep, “D:PRASHOBLY-01juriontesttest2*.xml”, eeReplaceBackup, eeEncodingSystemDefault, “”, “D:PRASHOBLY-01juriontesttest2backup” );

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

prashob12 wrote:
    I tried to use the macro script for replacement in all the files.

below is the sample, here i am getting some error report for closing of “)” at sandeep, “D:PRASHOB, can you please tell me exactly where i am making the mistake.

editor.ReplaceInFiles( “prashob”, “sandeep, “D:PRASHOBLY-01juriontesttest2*.xml”, eeReplaceBackup, eeEncodingSystemDefault, “”, “D:PRASHOBLY-01juriontesttest2backup” );

” is missing after sandeep

editor.ReplaceInFiles( "prashob", "sandeep", "D:PRASHOBLY-01juriontesttest2*.xml", eeReplaceBackup, eeEncodingSystemDefault, "", "D:PRASHOBLY-01juriontesttest2backup" );

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.