Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    harryray
    Participant

I’m about to set up a new computer, and install Emeditor. How do I transfer all my settings, Macros etc, that I have set up on my old computer?
    Is it a case of export the registry settings, then install Emeditor, on the new computer and overwrite with my old files, or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster
    harryray
    Participant

Thanks,

Whenever possible, I prefer to keep everything in one folder. currently Emeditor is located in my C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\EmEditor

Is it at all possible to arrange it so that the appdata folder is in the same directory as the programme?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I recommend not to change the install folder. However, if you need to change it, you must install it per computer.

Please see 21. of the FAQ https://www.emeditor.com/support/

By default, the Installation Type dialog in the Installer is disabled, and you cannot select the Everybody (all users) option. We recommend accepting the default per-user install because it will be safer and easier to update in the future. However, if you really need to select the Everybody (all users) option while installing EmEditor, you must specify MSIINSTALLPERUSER=”” option in the command line. For instance, if the EmEditor installation file is emed64_21.1.0.msi, you will need to press Win(⊞)+R keys to bring up the Run dialog box, and enter the following command:

msiexec /i "(...path...)emed64_21.1.0.msi" MSIINSTALLPERUSER=""

John Snow
    Participant

Hello, I’m writing here because I can’t open a topic. In older versions, when I right-click on a folder, find in files and when I right-click on a file, the edit with emeditor button used to appear. but now it doesn’t appear. how do I solve the problem?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please go to the Shortcut page of the Customize dialog, and check Add a shortcut to the Context Menu in Explorer.

John Snow
    Participant

Thanks Yutaka

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.