Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mikez302

I am trying EmEditor, and overall I like it, but I have a question. Suppose I would like to have some documents open in one window, and some others open in another. How can I open a new window?

Thank you,
    Elias

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

mikez302 wrote:
    I am trying EmEditor, and overall I like it, but I have a question. Suppose I would like to have some documents open in one window, and some others open in another. How can I open a new window?

Thank you,
    Elias

You can drag and drop one tab to outside of the window. Alternatively, you can uncheck “Enable Tabs” on the Window menu.

mikez302

Thank you. I didn’t notice that I could drag the tab outside of the window. That is good enough for me, but I would still prefer to have some sort of “new window” menu command. Is there any way of adding it?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

mikez302 wrote:
    Thank you. I didn’t notice that I could drag the tab outside of the window. That is good enough for me, but I would still prefer to have some sort of “new window” menu command. Is there any way of adding it?

It is called “New Group” in the tab menu.
    :-)

mikez302

When I pick the “New Group” command, my open document moves to the new window. Is there any way to open a new window without any documents in it? I would like to open the window first, then load the documents, similar to how I can in other editors.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

mikez302 wrote:
    When I pick the “New Group” command, my open document moves to the new window. Is there any way to open a new window without any documents in it? I would like to open the window first, then load the documents, similar to how I can in other editors.

Yes. Select Customize on the Tools menu, select “Tab” tab, and select “New Window” in the “Open In” drop-down list.

mikez302

I did that. How do I open the new window?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

mikez302 wrote:
    I did that. How do I open the new window?

You can open a new window by double-clicking the Tray Icon or selecting EmEditor shortcut on your Start Menu.

mikez302

Cool. This is what I was trying to do. Thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.