Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hannasm

Recently i had an issue with an XML file, the creator of the file told me the encoding was UTF-8. The actual encoding was ANSI/Windows Codepage 1252. Emeditor automatically opened the file as UTF-8 (the status bar indicated “UTF-8 Without Signature”).

The file contained (U+00C9) with it’s ANSI encoding. Emeditor did not display this character.

I can only guess that this file was opened as UTF-8 because of the xml encoding declaration.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

I would like a warning to be generated when opening the utf-8 encoded XML file containing an invalid code-point. It would also be useful for the incorrectly encoded characters to be displayed in the editor somehow, in the same places where they are encountered.

I am still using Emeditor 8.0, apologies if this has been implemented already.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

hannasm wrote:
    Recently i had an issue with an XML file, the creator of the file told me the encoding was UTF-8. The actual encoding was ANSI/Windows Codepage 1252. Emeditor automatically opened the file as UTF-8 (the status bar indicated “UTF-8 Without Signature”).

The file contained (U+00C9) with it’s ANSI encoding. Emeditor did not display this character.

I can only guess that this file was opened as UTF-8 because of the xml encoding declaration.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

I would like a warning to be generated when opening the utf-8 encoded XML file containing an invalid code-point. It would also be useful for the incorrectly encoded characters to be displayed in the editor somehow, in the same places where they are encountered.

I am still using Emeditor 8.0, apologies if this has been implemented already.

I couldn’t reproduce your issue. Can you send me a sample file to [email protected]? I will try to reproduce your issue. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.