Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Athan
    Participant

I never liked the concept of a separate help file setup. It makes deployment and version maintenance harder for no reason.
    Please include it again in emeditor setup file.

Thanks

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Athan,

I decided to exclude the Help from the installer because the Help is the biggest chunk of the installer size. We were adding Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese versions of Help, and we were concerned about the size of the installer getting even bigger.

Since we removed all the help files (English, Japanese, and Korean) from the installer, the installer size became as almost half as the previous version. The installer size was 9,526 KB for v15.1.7 (32-bit), but it became 5,620 KB for v15.2.0.

This reduced size will benefit all the Internet users. We were also paying for the bandwidth needed for downloads. Once you install the Help, you don’t need to update the Help as often as the core program.

However, I understand your voice, and I made the download link more visible. Once you install a help, you can also update the help form the Help menu – Check Updates.

Thank you for using EmEditor!

Athan
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification, Yutaka.
    I didn’t know that “check updates” command is able to update the helpfile too. I’m OK with that.

Keep up the good work with EmEditor, my favorite editing tool!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.