- November 20, 2018 at 5:23 pm #23988
Tested on v18.3.2 and v18.3.91 with Win 7 & Win 10 64bit.
1. Open a file containing very long line, for example: around 1.4 MB
2. View -> Large File Controller
3. Open Middle -> From 500,000 -> To 1,000,000 -> Apply
4. It will display “The document contains a very long line…….”
5. Click on “Continue”
6. It will display “Emeditor is crashing….”November 22, 2018 at 8:38 am #23995
Thank you for sending me a sample file. I reproduced the issue. I fixed the crash bug.
However, since your file does not contain any newline characters, the Large File Controller cannot split the file. It will always split lines at a newline character position, or at the end of file. If you try to apply this one line file, you will always see an empty line. You will see it when the next beta becomes available.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.