Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CaptainFlint
    Participant

Is it possible to reproduce the “Number of Braces {}” configuration in Outline using the Custom interface? When I just tried to specify opening and closing rule as, respectively, opening and closing brace, I’ve got the Outline consisting only of opening braces themselves. I didn’t find how to customize where function/block name should be taken from if it’s not in the same line with the brace. Is it possible at all, or is “Number of braces {}” has some internal hardcoding which is not available to Custom modes?

P.S. Why I needed this: I tried to create a correct configuration for Pascal which is similar to C++ but has “begin/end” keywords instead of braces. When I noticed the problem, I was not sure if it was my misconfiguration or EE restriction, and I tried with braces, so that I could compare results on the same file.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello CaptainFlint,

I don’t think it is easy to if the function name is not in the same line as “begin”. You might find the Projects plug-in’s Symbol List more useful than the Outlining.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.