Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    blades018

I was directed to the alpha version because I wanted to use the outline plugin and not have commented lines collapsible.

Link

It seems like when you have two commented lines together it still gets collapsed. sample code below.

// begin
    // begin

end

Thanks

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

blades018 wrote:
    I was directed to the alpha version because I wanted to use the outline plugin and not have commented lines collapsible.

Link

It seems like when you have two commented lines together it still gets collapsed. sample code below.

// begin
    // begin

end

Thanks

OK. I completely misunderstood your request. Can you please describe exactly what you want EmEditor to do?

blades018

Sorry for being unclear. I need to write my own custom outline for the plugin. A very simple case would be Level 1 “begin” and Level 2 “end”. Commented lines should not be collapsed. Using the simple code in the previous thread, the first commented line is still being collapsed.

blades018

Does this make sense now?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

blades018 wrote:
    Does this make sense now?

It makes sense now, but the current design doesn’t allow a portion of collapsed range to appear. So, it isn’t possible to show only commented lines while all the outside block collapsed.

blades018

we are not on the same page. what i mean is that there should not be a plus/minus on commented lines.

if you throw this code in the editor, it should all make sense

// ##############
    begin // there is a minus here, which is correct

// begin (there is a minus here, but there shouldn’t be. it is the result of the following line of code)
    // begin

end
    // ##############

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

blades018 wrote:
    we are not on the same page. what i mean is that there should not be a plus/minus on commented lines.

if you throw this code in the editor, it should all make sense

// ##############
    begin // there is a minus here, which is correct

// begin (there is a minus here, but there shouldn’t be. it is the result of the following line of code)
    // begin

end
    // ##############

In the latest version of v9 alpha, you might want to uncheck “Make Comments Collapsible” text box in the Outlint properties. I hope this helps.

blades018

I can see you failed to throw that portion of code in to the editor and play around with it. This is a fairly obvious bug.

Throw away everything from the previous posts.

lets try this again…
    scenario 1
    //##############
    begin // minus here, which is correct

// begin (no minus here, which is correct)

end
    //##############

scenario 2
    //##############

// begin (a minus now appears because of the comment in the following line of code, incorrect)
    // stuff

end
    //##############

on a side note, it seems like you inverted the “Make Comments Collapsible” check box

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

blades018 wrote:
    I can see you failed to throw that portion of code in to the editor and play around with it. This is a fairly obvious bug.

Throw away everything from the previous posts.

lets try this again…
    scenario 1
    //##############

// begin (no minus here, which is correct)

end
    //##############

scenario 2
    //##############

// begin (a minus now appears because of the comment in the following line of code, incorrect)
    // stuff

end
    //##############

on a side note, it seems like you inverted the “Make Comments Collapsible” check box

I now understand what you mean. It should be fixed in alpha 33. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.