Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shah

Hi!
    The problem in a two parts

Part One: The Outline plugin works ugly for Verilog configuration scheme. I mean, totally unusable/broken.
    (Verilog is a most popular Hardware description language, HDL)
    My suggestions is to make a special Verilog configuration for Outlie plugin only (im easyly can do it by myself). This means using Verilog configuration in editor, and forcing Outline to use a special (different) cofiguration for Verilog.
    So, there is a part Two of the problem:
    Choosing Outline- Properties- Configuration- Different_to_current and pressing OK does nothing. Outline still using current configuration for editor. Bug?

So, how can i change configuration scheme for Outline plugin only?

Tnx!
    WBR, Alex

CrashNBurn

With the outline plugin open. Right click on it, choose Properties. Customization can be done from there.

Shah

As a wrote before, the customization in the Outline-properties bar does nothing. When i change configuration scheme and pressing OK, the Outline dont switch on that configuration scheme. Looks like a bug?
    EmEditor version 10

Tnx!

CrashNBurn

It definitely works. You need to choose Type custom. I don’t believe the custom types are very useful though — as well there’s not a single example or documentation on how to use them. From what I’ve been able to do with them, they seem extremely limited in functionality.

It would be much more useful to me if I could choose one of the existing Types and customize that. As opposed to having to choose Custom and lose all the features of the pre-existing Outline types.

The Custom (begin1/end2) is easy enough to figure out, though it’s so limited as to make me wonder why it even exists: You can have 1 and only one begin string, and one and only 1 end string — unless you use a non-discriminating regex for both that would match anything, eg

1) “{|.*::.*”
    2) “}|return”

Except now an open brace { can be closed with “return”.

Customization of the Outline format is probably one of the few features I find in need of a complete overhaul in EmEditor.

Shah

I told about Configuration menu in Outline-Properties. Its an option before Type custom you talking about.

What about Type custom, its works, definitely. And extremely limited, yes. I’ll try to use it, bcs its better than nothing. Thank you!

Shah

Still dnt works for me. Need more help
    My example:
    I have a construction in verilog begins with “module” and end with “endmodule”. Or, another: “task” and “endtask”

module top
    (

….
    endmodule

If i place “module” in Level1, and “endmodule” in Level2 .. the Outline will count all “module” and “endmodule” as beginning of folding.
    Moreover, the outline collected every word “module” in design, even in comments. Crap ..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.