Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ldm
    Participant

Hello,
    Does the EmEditor has an Output Panel, where the applications could send their STDOUT messages?
    Thank you !

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster
    ldm
    Participant

Thank you Yutaka !
    But there is another issue with the Output Panel…
    I’ve configured the Output Panel according to your guides, but the following message pops up each time I run the tool: “Do you want to terminate the current tool job?”.
    So, what’s wrong? Why the message pops up?
    Thank you!

ldm
    Participant

In the External Tool Properties, there are the following options:
    – Input (with a down-dropped menu)
    – Output (with a down-dropped menu)
    – Standard Error (with a down-dropped menu)
    Honestly, I read the help file related sections, but there are no more details there… Would you please give more explanations why these options are needed and how to use them?
    Thank you in advance for your support!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

This screenshot is an example of using standard input and output for the tidy.exe program:

http://www.emeditor.com/images/emeditor9_tool_prop_e.png

(in the “New External Tools” section of the EmEditor Professional 9 feature page: http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_35.html )

The standard input/output is used only if the external program supports standard input/output. Most Windows programs don’t utilize standard input/output, but console programs (most programs run from the Command Prompt window) may use standard input/output. You can get more information by searching the Internet with “standard input or output”.

Thanks!

ldm
    Participant

In the Output Panel, there is an ‘Display as Output Bar’ option for Standard Errors, but this option does not exist for Standard Outputs… Why? This option allows displaying Standard Errors in the EmEditor Output Panel. But how is it possible to display the Standard Outputs, which was issued by an external application, in the EmEditor Output Panel?
    Thank you!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello dmitryl,

The standard output always outputs to the Output Bar if the “Use Output Bar” check box is set.

Thanks,

ldm
    Participant

The problem is so that when the script, whose STDOUT was redirected to the EmEditor Output Panel, exits then also its STDOUT disappear from the Output Panel.
    Is it possible to configure the Output Panel in such way so that nothing disappear from the Output Panel until the user clears it?
    In another words, I’m talking about an option to clear the Output Panel window manually (not automatically with an exit of the script).
    Thank you

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you don’t check the “Close on Exit” check box, the output bar should remain open with the standard output string.

Thanks,

ldm
    Participant

Yutaka,
    I’ve double checked the “Close on Exit” option – it’s unchecked.
    When the running script (configured via EmEditor External Tools) exits, the Output Panel remains open, but all it’s STDOUT strings disappear from the Output Panel.
    If I put `pause` in the end of the script, it remains in the memory and its STDOUT strings present i the EmEditor Output Panel until exit of the script.
    I’m using the v11.0.0 of the EmEditor on the windows 7 64-bit machine.

ldm
    Participant

Here is another issue…
    When I run a program from the External Tool, which is configured to use the Output Panel, I’m receiving the following message: “Do you want to terminate the current tool job?”
    What does it mean?
    Thank you

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi dmitryl,

Please always use the latest version of EmEditor Professional — currently v11.0.5.

This “Do you want to terminate the current tool job?” message appears because the previous external tool job has not been finished before you try to start the next external tool job. It is a good idea to properly finish the job before you start the new job.

If you can’t finish the previous job, you can disable this message by adding the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3Common

PromptTerminateJob

REG_DWORD: 0

Thank you!

ldm
    Participant

Thank you Yutaka!
    What about my previously post? Here is it:
    “I’ve double checked the “Close on Exit” option – it’s unchecked.
    When the running script (configured via EmEditor External Tools) exits, the Output Panel remains open, but all it’s STDOUT strings disappear from the Output Panel.
    If I put `pause` in the end of the script, it remains in the memory and its STDOUT strings present i the EmEditor Output Panel until exit of the script.
    I’m using the v11.0.0 of the EmEditor on the windows 7 64-bit machine.”

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi dmitryl,

Please use the latest version – v11.0.5 to make sure this is not the issue of the previous version. If you still have the issue with the latest version, you might need to check the External Tool properties because I can’t reproduce your issue. Please describe more details : Which options did you select in the External Tool properties… so that I can reproduce the issue here. Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.