- March 8, 2007 at 12:22 am #4227
Using EmEditor 6.00.02 I created a file containing Chinese characters by clicking New and pasting Chinese text into the page. I then did a Save As, selecting UTF-8 encoding and no byte order mark.
Looking at the saved file in a hex editor, I can see that the file is saved in UTF-16LE with a BOM. Not what I asked for.
Did I miss something?
++PLSMarch 8, 2007 at 2:52 am #4229Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
I don’t believe it is EmEditor’s issue. Please let me know which hex editor you use, and exactly what you get in the hex editor. Please send me the samples and other detailed information at firstname.lastname@example.orgMarch 10, 2007 at 12:23 am #4232
I used UltraEdit 12.20a to view the files. And, never mind. The problem is UltraEdit.
++PLSMarch 14, 2007 at 5:01 am #4237
I received an email from the UltraEdit support people today. It turns out this is a known bug in version 12: When you hex view, UE shows you the internal representation of the file, which is always UTF-16, and not what the file itself contains.
This is fixed in UltraEdit 13.
Thanks for your attention,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.