Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheXman
    Participant

I created an utility that checks for newer versions of applications that I use. The current version of EmEditor, according to the website, is v7.02. However, if you check the version in the Emeditor.exe file’s header, you will see v7.1.1.0 in all of the version descriptions. The website has no reference to a 7.1.x.x version. It would help if the information on the website at least partially matched any of the version info in the EmEditor.exe file’s header. Is this something that is possible?

Xavier

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

TheXman wrote:
    I created an utility that checks for newer versions of applications that I use. The current version of EmEditor, according to the website, is v7.02. However, if you check the version in the Emeditor.exe file’s header, you will see v7.1.1.0 in all of the version descriptions. The website has no reference to a 7.1.x.x version. It would help if the information on the website at least partially matched any of the version info in the EmEditor.exe file’s header. Is this something that is possible?

Xavier

I realize this. I will be more careful on next versions. Thanks!

TheXman
    Participant

You got much closer this time. :-) The version number in the executable’s resource header is not exactly the same as what is posted on your web page. The executable’s file version is 8.0.1 and the web page shows 8.01. It’s not a big deal but it does cause my app to think that there is a different version available on the web. :-)

TheXman
    Participant

You said you would try to keep them in sync. Just like 8.0.1 and 8.0.2, 8.0.3 is on the webpage but the executable is 8.03. I know it isn’t a big deal but it still isn’t right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.