Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Antnee

Is there any scope to allow mouse clicks as part of the shortcut key? The most useful command in here is “Go to Definition” which I’ve assigned to Ctrl+[ but it’s not ideal. I’d like to be able to hold Ctrl and click the function to go to it’s definition, but mouse clicks don’t appear to be supported as part of the shortcuts.

Pretty please? :D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Antnee,

I am sorry, there is no way to assign a mouse operation to a command (core or plug-ins). If this is important to you, I might consider that in future versions.

Thanks for your inputs!

Antnee

I wouldn’t describe it as important, but it’s certainly beneficial. There are only so many combinations that are available using the keyboard, and while I would usually navigate using the keyboard, I find that I perform certain actions with a mouse all of the time, like clicking on links in the code.

I recall Ctrl+Click being a common command to follow links in a few older apps (like Frontpage – eugh) and I think it works well, so yeah, the ability to hold a button and click would be beneficial, but it would only ever be used for a couple of functions I’m sure. I don’t call it important, but I would REALLY love it :D

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.