- November 3, 2019 at 3:17 am #26267
I saw a video related to function “Grab text” of Emeditor from Youtube. It’s a very interesting function. I tested this function on EmEditor’s Forum (this website), but it didn’t work. I tried on Chrome 72 and IE 11, but same results. The operation is like the following:
1. Open this forum, and type a few words.
2. Press [Ctrl+Alt+Z], in Emeditor, I can see a new tab “Grabed texts” was created and some texts inside: Questions and Answers about EmEditor Core – EmEditor (Text Editor) – Google Chrome
3. Type something inside Emeditor, exit.
4. At this moment, the typed contents should be input in this website but nothing happen. I press again, I can see the contents typed in Emeditor.
Any special settings for this function?November 3, 2019 at 8:39 am #26268
If text box is NOT one of the Windows standard text controls, this feature doesn’t work. Since Chrome and a few other apps don’t use standard text controls, they don’t work as expected. I know Internet Explorer 11 and some other apps will work. If it doesn’t work on IE 11, can you make sure you set a keyboard shortcut (in your case Ctrl+Alt+Z) in the Shortcut Key to Grab Text with EmEditor text box of the Customize Tray Icon dialog box? It might not work on all sites. Please try a different site, for instance, this forum text box. The keyboard focus must be set within the text box when you press the shortcut key.
Thanks,November 3, 2019 at 3:39 pm #26270
Yes, I tried another few websites. Some of them worked under IE 11 but didn’t work under Chrome (perhaps because of blocking from my Chrome plug-in). Some websites can be “Grabed” and others can’t . I don’t know how to identify them and have to test .
Wish this function can be used at more websites and more positions in future version.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.