Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rayd
    Participant

How can I make the quoted line margin greater than the Normal line margin?

If I set normal margin to 30 and quoted to 32, then the quoted line wraps to the next line at 30 and not 32.

Thanks,

Ray D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please check if the quoted line really begins with one of quote marks. The quote marks are defined in the Quote Marks text box in the Display tab of Properties. The default quote mark is either > or |.

rayd
    Participant

Yes it does start with a defined quote mark. I have actually used a form feed (pagebreak) character so that I can highlight the pagebreak line. The only other characters on that line are spaces and a page number at the far right.

The quoted line highlighting works – just not the line width, which wraps at the normal line width.

The reason I want the quoted line width to be higher than the normal is because the pagebreak character adds an extra character to the line.

I am using EmEditor to edit braille text files. The lines are 30 characters long and have a hard return at the end of each. The page number is right justified on the same line as the pagebreak – ie 31 characters including the pagebreak. All characters apart from the pagebreak are ASCII.

Regards,

Ray D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.