Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hzy123
    Participant

I’m using Emeditor 10.0.0 Professional 32bit

How to duplicate this bug:

1. download the text file http://rapidshare.com/files/407453628/Untitled.zip

2. Open it and Find the “4400” word

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi hzy123,

Thanks for using EmEditor Professional!

What do you specify in the “Additional Lines to Search for Regular Expressions text box” text box and “Regular Expressions Can Match New Line Characters” check box in the Search tab of the Customize dialog box?

Thanks!

hzy123
    Participant

my settings

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello hzy123,

You should set 0 to the “Additional Lines to Search for Regular Expressions” text box.

If the search is still slow even if you set to 0, please let me know. Thanks!

spudly

I’ve just experienced this problem doing a Replace All.

I have a csv file (not yet saved) with 164000 rows in it. I did a Replace All changing n with ,n (added a column to the end of the data row).

A popup appeared with a check box ‘Accelerate by Discarding Undo Information’ which I ticked. The action took minutes to complete !!! Previous versions used to run significantly quicker.

The ‘Additional Lines to Search for Regular Expressions’ is set to 0.

I ran the Replace All again with the same criteria and it took just as long.

I ran a third Replace All changing ,, to , and the process took less than a second.

The problem would seem to be related to regular expressions.

Is there any way of disabling the undo during a Replace permanently ?

Cirillo
    Participant

Hi spudly

I did a Replace All changing n with ,n

That’s a well known issue. EmEditor slows down greatly when A New Line expression is used in a regex search/replace string. In some cases one can evade it by using $ (End of String) instead of n, it depends on the given text.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.