Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Meir
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

EmEditor is very good at displaying TSV texts. I have lots of these files and many of them have very long lines that leave large parts of the line off-screen. When I scroll horizontally to reveal these off-screen text, the display is badly rendered and garbled. Clicking anywhere in the window causes EE to re-render the display correctly. This is rather annoying.

Yutaka, please read on. I am not suggesting to make EE a BiDi editor, (although this would make me rather happy :-) ). I suspect that this is a small rendering problem but still…!

I will send you screen shots of both the garbled display and how it should look. I will also send you a file that demonstrate the problem.

Regards
    Meir

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Meir,

You can write a macro (it can be a dummy macro, for example just one comment line)

//

and then associate to the “Scrolled” event. (Macros menu > Customize > select the macro name you created, click “Runs at Events”, click “Events…” button, and check “Scrolled”, and select Delay Time 0.

When a macro is finished running, EmEditor automatically redraws the whole window.

Thanks!

Meir
    Participant

Thanks Yutaka!

Works like a charm! Proves, as though a proff was required, how little I know this tool that I use for six-plus years… I repeat my “Tip-of-the-Day” suggestion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.