Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TommyMills

When the editor senses what kind of code you’re writing (css, html, php), when you write out certain words, a small popup will show up above the written word with the complete word hints. Or if it doesn’t, you can hit CTRL + SPACE and it will force it up.

Basically bullet point for what I would like to see in the next updates or a plugin:

– Code hinting for when you’re writing out the first few characters of a Emeditor “highlighted word” under its appropriate section.
    – Force the popup box to display all the “highlighted text” words when hitting CTRL SPACE once.
    – Clicking a word in the scrollable popup box will auto-write the chosen word down, or pressing enter will write down the word that is selected first.

I’ve seen this done in dreamweaver, and it would be nice to have that in this too.

Thanks!

dreftymac
    Participant

There are already a few options available in EmEditor:

1) have you had a chance to look at the autocomplete plugin?

2) have you had a chance to look at the wordcomplete plugin?

One or both of these may come close enough to what you are looking for. If not, you might still be able to design something like this yourself using regular EmEditor macros, specifically with the “popup” menu feature therein.

3) have you had a chance to see if macros can do this for you?

I’ve already implemented a version of “dynamic snippets” that pretty much does exactly what you describe (unless I misunderstood you). The user types in a word and then presses tab key (or other shortcut key), and a snippet comes up based on that trigger word. If there is more than one snippet that has that trigger word as a substring, a menu appears to let the user pick which one they want to insert.

For more details of what it looks like, watch the videos at:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=965&forum=2

TommyMills

Thanks for the help! I had downloaded Autocomplete, but that wasn’t really what I was looking for, and I looked for wordcomplete to download, but I couldn’t. So I did a little digging and found that it’s a part of the default installation, but my install didn’t include them for some reason. So I uninstalled, and redownloaded the installer and now a whole list of plugins show up, including wordcomplete.

Strange.

Though a perfect wordcomplete would only show suboptions (i.e. HOST_NAME, etc for $_SERVER), I can live with this. ;]

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.