Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CaptainFlint
    Participant

In the previous version I opened a file, then selected Save As, and in the combobox Return Method EmEditor showed me the appropriate item (“LF” if the file contained Linux-returns only, “CR+LF” if there were Windows-returns only, and “No Change” if the returns were mixed).

In 6.00.3 however, it always show “No Change”. I have to select the method manually, save the file, and only then EE shows the return method chosen. It was quite a convenient way of determining the return methode at a glance (I have line-end-marks turned off – they disturb me in everyday work). Could you please get it back?

danderson

Personally, I would love to see the file return method shown in the status bar. Other editors do this. I think others have asked for this enhancement.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I don’t have any problems. If “No Change” is preselected, return methods are mixed. For instance, if some lines use LF only while other lines use CR+LF, then “No Change” will be preselected. If you believe this is a bug in EmEditor, can you please let me know procedure how to reproduce this issue? Thanks!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

If “No Change” is preselected, return methods are mixed.

Sorry if my report was not clear. I was talking not about saving itself, but about displaying the return methode in the Save As dialog, nothing more!

OK, I’ll try to describe it more detailed.

1. Preconditions:
    a) the file test_lf.txt contains LF returns only;
    b) in EmEditor the setting Configuration -> File -> Saving -> Return Method is set to “No Change”.

2. Install EmEditor 6.00.2, run it, open the file test_lf.txt. Select File -> Save As menu command, the dialog appears. Look at the Return Method combobox: you will see LF Only (UNIX).

3. Install EmEditor 6.00.3, run it, open the file test_lf.txt. Select File -> Save As menu command, the dialog appears. Look at the Return Method combobox: you will see No Change.

Why in 6.00.2 the current return method is selected by default, while in 6.00.3 it is not? It was more convenient in 6.00.2.

Besides, I support the idea of danderson with displaying the return method in the status bar. It would be very convenient too.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

This bug has been fixed on my PC. It will be include in the next release. Thanks!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

Thank you, I’ll check it as soon as the release is out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.