Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jtgarrett

Hi folks,

I do a lot of programming for old-style systems, and as such, it’s generally easiest if I try to keep my lines of code to 80 characters or less.

I’d like to put a margin guide, such as a light grey line or some such thing at column 80 in EmEditor. Is there a way to turn on such a right margin guide? I’ve been looking, and can’t find one. If there’s not such a thing, can I suggest it as a feature request?

Thanks in advance for any help!

MariaK
    Participant

Individual, configurable column lines? Not a bad idea. (Take a look at UltraEdit for an existing example.)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

jtgarrett wrote:
    Hi folks,

I do a lot of programming for old-style systems, and as such, it’s generally easiest if I try to keep my lines of code to 80 characters or less.

I’d like to put a margin guide, such as a light grey line or some such thing at column 80 in EmEditor. Is there a way to turn on such a right margin guide? I’ve been looking, and can’t find one. If there’s not such a thing, can I suggest it as a feature request?

Thanks in advance for any help!

You might want to change the background color of the “Outside of regions” in the Display tab of configuration properties.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.