Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    patches11

Scope highlighting, where it shows different scopes in different shades, is a feature I’d really like to see in an editor (if you know of any that have it, please tell me!). It should be togglable with a keyboard shortcut. Also add an option for “relative” highlighting, where scopes are shaded relative to the scope where the cursor resides (maybe light shades of red going wider, green for narrower, and shades of yellow for non-descendant narrowing scopes?). So you’d have three modes: no scope shading, absolute, and relative to cursor. Make it so that the shortcut for absolute mode will switch to that mode if not already in that mode, else switch mode to none. So you’d have toggle shortcuts for both modes. Showing levels within sets of parenthesis using shades of gray would also be very useful (with its own toggle shortcut of course).

Something like this would be incredibly helpful to me, as I’m very visual. Simple bracket highlighting only when the cursor is right before the bracket just isn’t good enough when you need to visualize complex expressions. These features would also make it easier to detect and locate silly errors, like a forgotten parenthesis or bracket.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I might consider that in future versions. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.