Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FredericCC

Hi,
    I’ve encountered this problem is both verision 7 and version 8 beta6
    OS: Japanese Windows XP SP3 (possibly SP2 encountered as well? I did a recent OS upgrade but encountered this a few times.)

The search box does not show up after some time of use. (I can still search but need blind-typing…)
    I need to re-install and clear personal settings to solve this problem.

I have installed the plugins that comes with emeditor and the 2 text sorting plugins too. I’m not sure will they affect it(?)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

FredericCC wrote:
    Hi,
    I’ve encountered this problem is both verision 7 and version 8 beta6
    OS: Japanese Windows XP SP3 (possibly SP2 encountered as well? I did a recent OS upgrade but encountered this a few times.)

The search box does not show up after some time of use. (I can still search but need blind-typing…)
    I need to re-install and clear personal settings to solve this problem.

I have installed the plugins that comes with emeditor and the 2 text sorting plugins too. I’m not sure will they affect it(?)

Which search box are you talking about? The search box you will get when you press CTRL + F? or search box in the Toolbar?

FredericCC

hi,
    I’m back with another uninstall lol
    This time is emeditor version 7 (emed702epx) with no plugin chosen during installation.

It’s the search box using ctrl F or ctrl H.
    When it does not pop up, I don’t know how to get it back.

All I did was uninstall and reinstall.
    In details, I exported my personal settings first, then Uninstalled and Removed the settings it asked me whether to keep or not.

The problem does not happen when I imported the exported personal settings before uninstallation.

But it would persist if I chose to keep all the settings during the uninstallation process.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

FredericCC wrote:
    hi,
    I’m back with another uninstall lol
    This time is emeditor version 7 (emed702epx) with no plugin chosen during installation.

It’s the search box using ctrl F or ctrl H.
    When it does not pop up, I don’t know how to get it back.

All I did was uninstall and reinstall.
    In details, I exported my personal settings first, then Uninstalled and Removed the settings it asked me whether to keep or not.

The problem does not happen when I imported the exported personal settings before uninstallation.

But it would persist if I chose to keep all the settings during the uninstallation process.

Do you use any language packs? If so, does the version of the language pack match the EmEditor version?

FredericCC

No, I’m using the English version of emeditor although I’m on a Japanese OS.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

FredericCC wrote:
    No, I’m using the English version of emeditor although I’m on a Japanese OS.

I don’t know why you have this problem.

Maybe try this:

Run Regedit.exe, and select
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3Common
    key, and delete the “FindDlgPos” value.

FredericCC

Thanks!
    I may try next time if I encounter this again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.