Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ArthurZ
    Participant

Hi there,
    Unless it is lurking somewhere in the settings, I am missing badly the Notepad++ feature that highlights all the found strings, hence is my search functionality improvement suggestion –
    allow multiple found strings highlighted after search /replace.
    Thanks

Patrick C
    Participant

http://www.emeditor.org/en/faq_view_view_find_highlight.html

Tools → Properties for all Configurations → Display → scroll way down to “search string” → change search colours on the right from 0 to 1 to however many colours for previous search results you could possibly want.

+ To erase the highlight
    Search → Erase Find Highlight (shortcut Alt-F3 in my configuration)

ArthurZ
    Participant

Awesome, thank you Patrick!

ArthurZ
    Participant

No way to erase highlight on mouse leaving found text. This is a deficiency in the need to use the keyboard or mouse to erase the highlights. And no option to clear the previous search on the next round automatically.
    Please add.

ArthurZ
    Participant

Oh, and on double-clicking text there is no feature that highlights matches, right?

Patrick C
    Participant

Actually I’m surprised that non EmEditor’s highlighted string features are activated by default in your case.
    Anyway regarding:

on double-clicking text there is no feature that highlights matches

There is:
    1) Tools → Customise Markers → Enable AutoMarker

2) To change the highlighting colour (also useful if enabling AutoMarker alone doesn’t work due to no colour being assigned to mark matches)
    Tools → Properties for all Configurations → Display → scroll down to “Auto Marker” → change the text and background colour to your liking

Patrick C
    Participant

And no option to clear the previous search on the next round automatically.

I don’t get this one. As long as the number of search colours is one, the previous search is cleared automatically.

Patrick C
    Participant

No way to erase highlight on mouse leaving found text.

Out of curiosity:
    How should this work? Move the mouse over highlighted text and out again?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.