Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gan
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using Emeditor 13.0.1 x64 and see some strange behavior. If i press CTRL-F and search for something in a textfile and emeditor jump to the line and mark the text found. Then i close the search dialog, press CTRL-Home and then CTRL-F to start a new search, but in that case Emeditor will continue to search from the position from the previous search instead of starting on top of the textfile again. For example i press CTRL-F and search for some text found on line 100, close the search dialog, press CTRL-Home and then CTRL-F to search for a new text string and Emeditor start to search after the text found from the previous search at line 100. After a search when i press CTRL-Home i would like emeditor to start search from the top of the textfile and from the location of the cursor and not starting form the positon of the last search.

Is there a setting to change this behavior, a bug or by design? I’m pretty sure it worked the way i prefer in earlier versions of emeditor.

Btw i use Windows 8 Enterprise x64 if that should be relevant.

-gan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can’t reproduce the issue, but I believe there is a condition. Can you please export your settings from the Registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3), zip the files, and email to [email protected], and please identify yourself that you are gan from the forum.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.