Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hosamaly
    Participant

I’ve been trying to search for files containing the following regular expression:

>n

But it always fails, apparently with a silently swallowed exception. I am using EmEditor 10.0.4 64-bit on Windows 7 Professional. The problem seems to be always reproducible. Could you please check it out?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you please try:

>rn

I saw your message on my email inbox, too.

Thanks!

CrashNBurn

Search for:

>$

$ is end of line.
    Unless your file contains multiple types of carriage-returns, wherein you’d want to specify a difference between unix n and windows rn, $ should work just fine.

hosamaly
    Participant

It works, thanks. It would be nice if this could be done automatically based on each file’s newline pattern. For now I’ll use “(?:n|rn)”, but I hope EmEditor can integrate this feature.

Thanks again.

hosamaly
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, but it wouldn’t work for me, as I need to capture the newline character itself, as I’m trying to find consecutive empty lines.

CrashNBurn

This should work: (?m)}$r?n$r?n^O
    Except it appears that EmEditor doesn’t support ANY Regex options:
    (?m), (?i), (?-i), (?g), (?-g)

}$r?n$r?n^O

in Ted’s Notepad for instance, will match:

}

OSV

In EmEditor you cannot use multiple “^” or “$”, or else it it wrongly errors out with a message about invalid regex.

E.G. this works:
    }r?nr?nO

I use ?m), ?-i) and ?-g) all the time in AHK scripts, and (?-i) and (?-g) in Total Commander’s multi-rename tool.

Deipotent
    Participant

Will support be added to EmEditor for the features CrashNBurn mentions (eg. multiple ^ and $, and (?m), (?i) etc.) ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.