Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    supercoolm
    Participant

I have a Windows system with default non-Unicode encoding set to BIG5.
    When I select a cue file and a txt file, then right click to open with EmEditor, EmEditor can’t identify the proper encoding to open both files which are saved with JIS encoding characters.
    After I selected correcct encoding, EmEditor did not ask for encoding of txt file and directly open cue file in the encoding I selected, but open txt file in system’s default non-Unicode encoding BIG5 resulting unindentify characters.

I was wondering if this behaviour of not asking for second file’s encoding is expected?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

supercoolm wrote:
    I have a Windows system with default non-Unicode encoding set to BIG5.
    When I select a cue file and a txt file, then right click to open with EmEditor, EmEditor can’t identify the proper encoding to open both files which are saved with JIS encoding characters.
    After I selected correcct encoding, EmEditor did not ask for encoding of txt file and directly open cue file in the encoding I selected, but open txt file in system’s default non-Unicode encoding BIG5 resulting unindentify characters.

I was wondering if this behaviour of not asking for second file’s encoding is expected?

Sorry, I am not sure exactly what the problem is. Please email me sample files after zipped to [email protected] and explain the procedure how to reproduce in details. Thanks!

supercoolm
    Participant

After updated to 8.05 yesterday, the problem disappeared… :-o

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.