Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CaptainFlint
    Participant

Currently there is an option in EE: Customize -> Mouse -> Use Mouse Wheel to Select. It controls two ways of selecting tabs:
    1. Mouse wheel when the cursor is over tab headers.
    2. Right click + mouse wheel anywhere in the window.
    For me the first behaviour is very annoying, because sometimes I scroll the file contents when the cursor is near the top, and slight movement of the mouse immediately stops scrolling and starts switching files. But right click + wheel is very useful (I’m used to it in Opera and would like to use it in EE too). So why not split this single option into two different options to control these behaviours independently?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:
    Currently there is an option in EE: Customize -> Mouse -> Use Mouse Wheel to Select. It controls two ways of selecting tabs:
    1. Mouse wheel when the cursor is over tab headers.
    2. Right click + mouse wheel anywhere in the window.
    For me the first behaviour is very annoying, because sometimes I scroll the file contents when the cursor is near the top, and slight movement of the mouse immediately stops scrolling and starts switching files. But right click + wheel is very useful (I’m used to it in Opera and would like to use it in EE too). So why not split this single option into two different options to control these behaviours independently?

I will consider two different options to split this single option. Thanks!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

I tried beta 1 and found that right click + wheel does not work. With clean install in a virtual machine it works only if I check the “Use Mouse Wheel to Select” checkbox.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Flint wrote:
    I tried beta 1 and found that right click + wheel does not work. With clean install in a virtual machine it works only if I check the “Use Mouse Wheel to Select” checkbox.

I fixed this on beta 2. Thanks!

CaptainFlint
    Participant

Thanks, in beta 2 it works fine!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.