Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ldm
    Participant

Hi All,

How is it possible to implement a sequence of actions on single keyboard shortcut? For example, I’d like to have ‘Copy Line’ then ‘Delete Line’ (similar to yank @VI) on a single shortcut (let’s say Ctrl+D). So, how can I do so?

Thank you!

Meir
    Participant

Hi Dimitry!

Just record a macro (Macro->Start/Stop Macro) that does it. There is usually a default run key for the last macro recorded.

Alternatively, you can assign it to a keyboard shortcut sequence, e.g. ALT-m. For this you need to save it first, giving it a name,(ext = ‘jsee’) in the macro folder. Look-up the “Customize Macros dialog box”/Options tab for its location.

Then to assign it your own and permanent key sequence, do Tools Menu->”Properties for Current (or All if you prefer) Configuration”->Keyboard tab->Select “My Macros” in the “Category” drop-down field; choose the Macro name you gave it in the “Command” drop-down list, move the cursor to the “Press new shortcut key”, click the key sequence of your choice (See if it is not already assigned to something) and click “assign”. OK yourself all the way out!

Have fun!

Andreas
    Participant

Record and save a macro, then assign a shortcut key to it (All Configurations Properties -> Keyboard)

Edit: Meir, you were faster than I :-)

ldm
    Participant

Thanks! But can I do it using the java scripting?

Andreas
    Participant

A saved macro actually is a java script, isn’t it?

ldm
    Participant

Actually I’m not familiar with the macros… Are the macros implemented using java scripting? So, after a macro recording, can I open it and see a java code? Really?

Andreas
    Participant

Yes, you can save the macro as a .jsee file and then open it and examine and change the code.

ldm
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.