Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LTT
    Participant

Issue 1:
    Default settings.
    Assign a shortcut key (Alt+X) to the 5th plug-in.
    Move up the 5th plug-in. Let it be the 2nd.
    Add this macro: document.Config.Save();
    ** Run the macro several times and you can see Alt+X slip away (in Plug-ins menu): 2>3>4>5>2>3>…

Issue 2:
    Default settings.
    Change the order of the macros.
    ** In Macros menu, the shortcuts won’t follow the change.

Issue 3:
    A shortcut with Application key (e.g. Ctrl+Application) assigned to a command should not open the context menu.

Suggestion:
    Hope Application key can be used to open the right-click menu for a list menu item in RecentFileList/RecentFolderList/Macros.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello LTT,

Issues 1 and 2 will be fixed on v17.2.0 beta 1.
    As for Issue 3, unfortunately, the Application key shouldn’t be assigned to any commands. I will have to disable the ability to assign the Application key.
    I will look into the suggestion.

Thanks,

LTT
    Participant

Issue 1 is not fixed yet in v17.2.0 beta 3.

Configuration properties: Display:
    Is there an accelerator key for the Search box?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

On the official version of v17.2.0, you can press CTRL + D while the focus is in the list box. You will also be able to press the UP key when the focus is the top line of the list.
    Thanks,

LTT
    Participant

Hello Yutaka,
    Can you reproduce issue 1?
    Please fix it.
    Thank you.

———-

On the official version of v17.2.0, you can press CTRL + D while the focus is in the list box. You will also be able to press the UP key when the focus is the top line of the list.

Though it’s not a big thing, I think the current design is not good.
    1). There’s no accelerator key for the list box. We have to use the mouse, or use another accelerator key for the neighbor control and then use Tab key to jump into the list box. So jumping from the list box is not a handy way.
    2). If you want users to use Ctrl+D, you need to add a description somewhere.

How about changing things this way:
    Add a label “Fin&d:” to the left of the Search box (since there’s enough room). So we use Alt+D instead of Ctrl+D. It’s just one stroke. And thus we would also have the handy way for the list box (Tab from the Search box).

———-
    BTW, There’s an odd behavior in the list box:
    Select any item between “URLs” and “Search string (1)”;
    Close and reopen the dialog;
    ** The selection now is moved down.

———-
    Another accelerator key issue:
    Keyboard:
    Alt+N;
    Press a shortcut key (e.g. Ctrl+A);
    Enter;
    Tab; (Now [>] button gets the focus)
    Space;
    ** Now [>] button is disabled. You can not move the focus with the keyboard only, unless the dialog is reactivated.
    (Same on [<] button.)

LTT
    Participant

Again, please also check issue 1.

I have macros that use document.Config.Save(). Annoyingly once I run them, all the shortcut keys for the plug-ins seem to have disappeared. Then I investigate it with default settings and found issue 1.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.